The annual Nursery World show is a one of just a handful of events we take time out of our busy work schedule to ensure we attend.
In fact it's a must-attend for anyone working in, or with an interest in, the Early Years sector.
In 2017 more than 3,500 visitors enjoyed two days of dedicated Early Years focus with more than 100 companies, organisations and charities packing the show floor.
This year we are looking forward to experiencing all the regular attractions as well as a number of new features.
We will definitely be dropping by the new Early Years Careers Zone sponsored by the show's Early Years Careers Partner, the London Early Years Foundation (LEYF). An area is being turned into a dedicated LEYF children’s nursery so practitioners interested in working with the foundation can experience the closest thing possible to a real LEYF nursery.
The masterclasses and seminars also promise to be an interesting mix of relevant subject matter delivered by many world-renowned Early Years experts.
There will also be a great array of free presentations in the Live Theatre - offering attendees the opportunity to hear from an intriguing variety of speakers and covering areas including best practice, policy implementation and product focuses.
Looking through the line up I can see a number of thought-provoking topics and one of particular interest to me is entitled 'Update on tax-free childcare and the childcare service' being presented by representatives from HM Revenue and Customs and the Department for Education. One not to be missed.
Also on our list of must-sees are the Early Years Resources & Learning Zone sponsored by TTS, where you can join in informative activities and get advice on resources, as well as the Training & Consultancy Zone sponsored by NEyTCO.
If you've not attending the show before, I definitely recommend it.
And if you need any more convincing, then maybe Nursery World's own list of how the show is designed to benefit visitors will prove helpful:
- Share best practice
- Focus on your own continuing professional development
- Attend seminars and masterclasses presented by an inspiring mix of world-renowned Early Years experts
- Drop in to the free Live Theatre for an engaging mix of presentations on core Early Years subjects
- Visit the hugely popular Nursery Nutrition Zone for top tips on healthy eating and live cookery demonstrations form nursery food experts and chefs
- Talk to the sector’s suppliers about the products and services they are showcasing in the wide ranging exhibition
- Source new products and materials for your settings
- Meet up with colleagues, establish connections, collaborate and grow networks
- Find inspiration and ideas that will enhance practice and support your provision
The flagship Nursery World Show 2018 is being held on Friday and Saturday, 2 and 3 February at The Business Design Centre in Islington, London.
To find out more, register to attend for free or book seminar and masterclass tickets visit www.nurseryworldshow.com/london