Level 1 Diploma in Caring for Children
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is suitable for you if you are considering a career in caring for children. It can also support you with re-engaging with learning and break down barriers to you entering the childcare workforce.
What are the entry requirements?
You should be at least 14 years old. We do not set any other entry requirements.
How many credits are required to complete it?
The Diploma requires 37. Credits from the Award can be carried over to the Certificate, and from the Certificate to the Diploma.
How is it assessed?
It will be assessed by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods. This could include tasks such as designing charts or leaflets, coursework or methods such as oral questioning.
Do you need to be working to take the qualification?
No, as it is a knowledge only qualification.
How long does it take to complete?
You can usually complete the Diploma in a year or less.
What related qualifications can you progress to?
• Level 2 Certificate Introducing Caring for Children and Young People
• Level 2 Award in Babysitting
• Level 2 Award in Preparation for the Responsibilities of Parenting
• Level 2 Certificate in an Introduction to Early Years Education and Care
• Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce
This qualification does not qualify you to work but does support you in preparing for your 'next steps' either in training or moving towards work.